Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 05:31:20AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is the issue below addressed in 3.0.25b? (no freebsd port available yet so I'm still at 3.0.25a)
I can't see anything specifically about this in the release notes.

I just want to add that I've also seen this behaviour on a windows xp x64 client. It's a pretty serious problem.. so I'm also thinking I may have to revert to an earlier version if it doesn't look like a fix is in the works..

This has not been reproducible as far as I know.

Can you create a reproducible test case ?

Jeremy.

Reproducing it is likely to be tricky - because it's intermittent. It happens maybe every few days for me.

This configuration exhibits the behaviour:

smb.conf
------------------------------------
[global]
   workgroup = SOMEDOMAIN
   netbios name = dfsserver
   host msdfs = yes
   server string = "FreeBSD - Samba %v - DFS"
   guest account = nobody
   guest ok = yes
   inherit permissions = yes
   create mask = 0777
   directory mask = 0777
   unix extensions = no
   follow symlinks = yes
   wide symlinks = yes

[net]
   read only = no
   path = /dfs/net
   msdfs root = yes
   inherit permissions = yes
   browseable = yes

[ops]
   read only = no
   path = /dfs/ops
   msdfs root = yes
   inherit permissions = yes
   browseable = yes

------------------------------------

in the folder: /dfs/net/machinename
> ln -s msdfs:machinename.somedomain.com\sharename  sharename

------------------------------------
now:
\\dfsserver\net\machinename\sharename\problemfolder
may after some unknown period.. display the same listing as:
\\dfsserver\net\machinename\sharename\

\\dfsserver.somedomain.com\net\machinename\sharename\problemfolder might however show the correct listing.

The duplication is not infinitely recursive..
ie \\dfsserver\net\machinename\sharename\problemfolder\problemfolder shows the normal listing that should be at \\dfsserver\net\machinename\sharename\problemfolder

I just did more opening and closing of explorers and browsing back and forth... and for the first time I've seen two folders (under the same parent) simultaneously showing the wrong listing.

To further complicate..
It may be related to the fact that under a separate share on the dfsserver there is also a link (this time to a point beyond the destination share):

/dfs/ops
>ln -s msdfs:machinename.somedomain.com\sharename\siblingofproblemfolder siblingofproblemfolder

ie an alternative way to get to a sibling of the problem subfolder(s) so the following are equivalent: \\dfsserver.somedomain.com\ops\siblingofproblemfolder \\dfsserver.somedomain.com\net\machinename\sharename\siblingofproblemfolder

JN