Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
There are some problems to transfer big file over 2Gb, It is a filesize limitation of samba.
I just transfered a 2,8 GB file with smbclient and got ~60 MB/s.
Right, large files work fine;  the hardware is dorked, something badly
misconfigured, or extremely untuned.  I see mention of IDE and that is
always my first guess.  But I doubt it is a Samba issue.  Try the same
thing with local files and see what happens.
The OP did not mention IDE. I also doubt a 8x500GB under hardware raid 5 uses ide drives...
But this is not the problem I think.

"8x 500Gb raid 5 via 3ware Raid Controller"

3ware almost certainly means IDE (SATA is IDE),  but they also make PATA
RAID controller.

Ouch, you're right, I'll write "google before opening your mouth" 100 times on the blackboard ;-)

I suggest trying to transfer the same files via ftp or scp (e.g. using WinSCP client), to assure that the server hardware / network equipment is OK, then, if the slowdown is seen _only_ using samba shares, do a search in the mailing archives.
I know it's not much, but HTH nonetheless.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT