I was just setting a Windows Vista machine up on my network and have the following problems.

If the user logs into the domain, then there are no network drives showing. It is as if the script is not executing.

If I logon locally with an administrator and then run '\\server-name' to get a list of drives, I can see them but nothing shows up in any of them except for two of the shares which are dfs shares.

I mapped a drive letter to one of the shares that was not dfs and then things showed up in it and it let me browse it. I browsed to a setup file and when I clicked on it, the machine told me that the file that I just clicked on did not exist.

It must have something to do with my msdfs shares. If I change the 'host msdfs = no' then I can get to all the shares except for the 2 that are dfs shares. If I leave it as 'host msdfs = yes' then I can get to the two dfs shares, but not any of the others.

All of my Win98 and WinXP machines work with the current setup, but the Vista machine will not.

My current samba version is 3.0.10.1 and here is my smb.conf.

Thanks for any info on this.

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = BES
   netbios name = server
   host msdfs = yes
   obey pam restrictions = No
   ldap passwd sync = Yes
   time server = Yes
   mangling method = hash2
   Dos charset = 850
   passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
   ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=server,dc=bes.domain
   ldap suffix = dc=server,dc=bes.domain
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users
   add user script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
   ldap delete dn = Yes
   add machine script = /root/users/user_add -mach "first" "%m" "none"
   add group script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
add user to group script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g" delete user from group script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
   set primary group script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
   kernel oplocks = no
   printcap name = cups
   load printers = yes
   printing = cups
   cups options = raw
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   log level = 3
   max log size = 500
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   os level = 65
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon path =
   logon home =
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
   template shell = /bin/false
   winbind use default domain = no

[teachers]
        path = /export/teachers
        msdfs root = yes

[students]
        path = /export/students
        msdfs root = yes

[userhome]
        comment = Home Directories
        path = /home/%u
        read only = no

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /opt/samba/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   root preexec = /opt/samba/netlogon/logonscript.pl %U %M %m %I
   root postexec = /opt/samba/netlogon/logoutscript.pl %U %M %m %I
   read only = no
   locking = no

[school]
        path = /school/bes
        read only = no
        valid users = @teacher @admin
        create mask = 666
        force create mode = 2666
        directory mask = 777
        force directory mode = 3777

[bes]
        path = /school/bes
        read only = no
        valid users = @teacher @admin @bes @bms
        create mask = 660
        force create mode = 2660
        directory mask = 770
        force directory mode = 3770

[lemburg]
        path = /lemburg
        read only = no
        valid users = @teacher @admin @lemburg
        create mask = 666
        force create mode = 666
        directory mask = 770
        force directory mode = 2770

[sis]
        path = /sis
        read only = no
        valid users = @teacher @admin @lemburg
        create mask = 666
        force create mode = 666
        directory mask = 770
        force directory mode = 2770
        level 2 oplocks = no
        oplocks = no
[data]
        path = /student/software
        read only = no
        valid users = @bes @bms @student @admin @teacher
        create mask = 666
        force create mode = 666
        directory mask = 777
        force directory mode = 2777

[software]
        path = /software
        read only = no

--
Scott Mayo
System Administrator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.