Jerry,

Thanks for your response.  Any specific reason why 'net rpc join'
doesn't support it?

Since we needed this functionality (customer didn't like it when we said
we don't support that :)), we wrote a small function that utilizes
smbldap_xxx routines.  Specifically our small function utilizes the
following smbldap_xxx routines:

smbldap_set_mod - to set 'cn', 'sAMAccountName', 'objectClass',
'userAccountControl'.
smbldap_init - to initialize the connection with AD server
smbldap_set_creds - set the credentials for the connection
smbldap_add - to precreate the machine account object in the location.

Please let me know if we are doing something fundamentally wrong.

I will be happy to submit the patch to samba group or to anyone who
requires it.

Regards
Raj Pagaku