From: Latrell Wang 王獻綱
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:27 PM
To: samba@lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: Failed to join win2000 domain in 3.0.25b

I wonder if my kerberos version could cause problems. My version is 1.6.2.
Please give me some help.

Thanks,

Latrell.

________________________________

Hi all:

I’m trying to join a win2000 ad domain but failed. I can see my samba server in
computer list of domain controller, but the icon of the samba server is
disabled. I also got error message from my samba server:

Failed to set password for machine account (NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD) Failed to
join domain: Wrong Password

The password should be correct because I can get krb ticket successfully. My
samba version is 3.0.25b. Joining win2003 domain is successfully without a
problem. I wonder why it makes difference between 2000 and 2003. Previously I
used version 3.0.23d, and both 2000 and 2003 can be joined domain successfully.
My global session is as the following:

[global]

        dos charset = UTF8

        display charset = UTF8

        unix charset = UTF8

        server string = %h

        netbios name = smbserver

        write ok = yes

        guest account = smbguest

        map to guest = bad user

        encrypt passwords = yes

        map archive = no

        max log size= 50

        dfree command= /usr/local/bin/dfree

        client use spnego = yes

        auth methods = guest sam_ignoredomain winbind:ntdomain

        host msdfs = yes

        winbind use default domain = yes

        workgroup = PASW

        security = ads

        password server = PASW.COM *

        realm = PASW.COM

        winbind enum users = yes

        winbind enum groups = yes

        idmap uid = 100000-500000

        idmap gid = 100000-500000

        winbind cache time = 15

        template homedir = /tmp/users/home/%D/%U

        template shell = /bin/bash

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Latrell