Matthew Nelson wrote:
make sure that you have ntp setup to sync with your DC and do a 'net time
set'
I'm aware of the Kerberos time requirements and do a 'net time set -S w.x.y.z' with the ADS from cron.hourly, so this is not the issue. I can join the domain, which uses Kerberos, so Kerberos is happy. I can also do 'kinit [EMAIL PROTECTED]', but 'smbclient -k ...' fails, 'wbinfo -u' returns nothing and login doesn't work since the username isn't found.

I'm beginning to suspect that it is an ADS configuration issue and has something to do with how I define security groups, which causes winbindd to blow up. So, I'm going to try the latest version of Samba and see how that goes, if I can just figure out how to compile the thing with the options that RedHat needs.

Anyhoo, glad to hear that it is stable for you, so it must be something I do different in the configuration.

Cheers,

H.