Depends upon your terminal server. NT4 and W2000 - yes. W2003 - no (unless they added the EnableMultipleUsers parameter from W2000). I wrote a kind of wordy paper about this: http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5015/Samba-TerminalServer_104Final.pdf. This paper version does not include the W2000 fix, which is the above parameter and hotfix Q818528. I have not looked to see if Microsoft ever fixed this on W2003. I can send you the whitepaper with the W2000 fix incorporated, if you want it (i never posted the updated version).

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard

Stas wrote:
Hello all.
It is possible to force Samba 3 server to create "smbd" process for
each user that open file from Terminal Server ?
Sometimes I need close files , but can't do that by "kill <PID>" since
 it should close all files that opened by terminal server users ..
It any flexible way to manage open files on Samba ?

Thanks .