John H Terpstra wrote:
On Thursday 11 October 2007 22:57, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
Are the IDEALX tools necessary for "complete" integration with LDAP?  Or
is the built-in support sufficiently advanced now?

Daniel
What does "complete" integration with LDAP mean to you?

You are not the first person to ask questions like these. It would help me to write more useful documentation if I could better understand what is behind the questions.
Do the "ldapsam:trusted: and "ldapsam:editposix" extensions provide - (pause whilst I search for the correct word) - "equivalent" functionality to the IDEALX tools? Or are they solutions for different applications? For "typical" applications, with a PDC, mixed Unix and Windows workstations, file and print sharing - are the extensions a simpler way to achieve the - (wait, need to substitute word again) - "equivalent" level of LDAP integration?

--
Daniel