Hi,
I've been testing winbind offline logon feature using samba-3.2.0pre1. It works
great when logging in locally (or via SSH) to the machine in offline mode, but
I can't seem to connect to a share from a Windows client when in offline mode.

The reasoning behind using the offline feature for us is to provide ADS
integrated file share that can function in a remote office in the event that
communications with the central dc's is down.

Is the winbind offline logon feature intended to support this operation? I know
the normal answer would be to install a DC locally in the remote site, but
we've got 100's of small remote sites that don't warrant their own DC's.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Brian
The contents of this e-mail (including attachments) are private and
confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only
for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or make any use of its contents;
you should not read any part of this e-mail or any attachments. Unauthorised
disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of this e-mail or any
part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute a criminal offence. If
you receive this e-mail by mistake please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]