Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

homeDirectory: /home/testuser
gecos: test user,IS,5766888,3738042
sambaSID: S-1-1-0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's wrong.  S-1-1-0 is "Everyone".  How did that SID get
assigned?

I was following along in the Samba3 by example book. It doesn't talk about an .ldif file to use for users, so I was just guessing. smbldap-useradd -a -m %u doesn't work for me, just gives an error when I run it, so I was adding a user manually from an ldif, and objectClass: sambaSamAccount requires sambaSID, so I was just guessing on what to use. I see that now it needs to be the sambaSID of the samba server and then add -UID x 2 + 1000 for it to work. is there a way to automate the adding of the sambaSID to the user's ldap information?