Hi - samba-list newbie here.

Trying to setup SAMBA print sharing (over CUPS as the print layer) with **native** Windows print drivers being made available to the connecting workstations... We've already tried the Postscript/PPD approach, but with the multifunction/mopier machines we've got here, native is definitely best to get all the options/interlocks shown.

Problem is that the driver files are only ever put into the \\server\print$\W32X86\n\ directory (which varies by server type etc, I realise this)... so Win32 driver "kits" from the manufacturers can overlap if the same DLL occurs with the same name, but possibly different versions between drivers (with the driver versions being driven by the printer firmware/models). Is there a way to get separation by printer share name under this root directory so I can safely load up different versions of driver from the same manufacturer? I'm already considering changes to nt_printing to add subdirectories, but is this already solved somewhere out there? If we did do this mod, would it be worth putting back into the codestream anyway?

PS - already checked in the mail list archives, couldn't see anything really related to this so far..

Thanks for any help.

Max Fretter
DBA/Sysadmin
Tait Electronics Ltd
Christchurch, New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.