Mark Campbell wrote:
So I have idmap:rid working. The problem is I can set only the same shell for all users. I was trying to find a way to store the shell in AD. I have found a couple references to ||RFC2307. Can this be used with AD and if so is there a good article on it somewhere? (I looked through the samba docs but didn't find anythings yet perhaps I am just blind)

short form:

- do an upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on the DCs
- set POSIX IDs in AD for all users und groups which you want to use with samba
- compile samba with kerberos support
- net ads join

smb.conf:

    security = ADS