Hi

I'm having trouble with Samba, when I copy large complex directories to my Samba server, the target doesn't match the source, some files seem to be missing.

*Stats on source(windows client) are:*

Size: 4.99 GB (5,367,477,260 bytes)

Size on disk: 5.00 GB (5,376,487,424 bytes)

Contains: 4,481 files, 281 folders

*Stats on target(Samba server) are:*

Size: 4.92 GB (5,286,067,654 bytes)

Size on disk: 4.92 GB (5,287,628,800 bytes)

Contains: 3,733 files, 281 folders

I'm thinking it might have something to do with Windows/Linux filename or path length incompatibility.

What Samba settings should I set to ensure this doesn't happen, and are there any limitations one has to adhere to with regard Windows path length or filename format in order to ensure directories and files are copied properly?

The problem happens from both XP and Vista clients, the Samba server is standard Debian etch. Samba 3.0.24

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andreas B.