To: "Samba" <samba@lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 10:28 AM
Subject: [Samba] smbpasswd database is corrupt!

I added myself into OpenLDAP and deleted my user account from /etc/passwd. Now samba complains in the log file:

Jan 25 10:17:56 roark smbd[2767]: build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt! username awilliam with uid 511 is not in unix passwd database!

however, I'm resolving my awilliam with nss_ldap, so I can ssh and su -l awilliam fine. so shouldn't samba be able to get the user awilliam w/ uid 511 out of ldap via nss_ldap instead of looking for it directly in /etc/passwd?