Excellent feedback. I'll check IRC next time I have a juicy question. :)

Thanx!
  Richard

On Mar 2, 2008, at 8:36 PM| Mar 2, 2008, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 11:09 -0700, Chad wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Richard Hurt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In order to get going with Samba4 I subscribed to this list. However,
I'm getting inundated with postings that are, for the most part
completely, irrelevant to my needs.  I know they are all the same
software, but Samba4 is almost a complete rewrite with completely
different goals.  Its very tough to filter through 99.9% of the
messages just in hopes of finding one that applies to your platform.

My question is, what is the best way to ask questions about Samba4?
So far, the only thing I've found is this list and the Samba4 signal
to noise ratio is way to low for me.  :(

Thanx!
  Richard
--

I would think that for an "alpha" product IRC would render you a
better medium to discuss issues with the developers.  Otherwise I

Yes, IRC is a good place to catch Samba4 developers such as myself.
Otherwise, the samba-technical list is a good discussion point, while
things remain alpha.

I would create a separate list, but history has not been kind to such
endeavours in the past.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett