But the machine has been rebooted and another user has opened a session on it, but 'net status session' or 'net session' continue to claim that there are 2 users logged on the same machine. It isn't always the case, I think it can be due for example to a reset of the machine so windows didn't close cleanly the network resources.

Is there a way to get samba close all connections from a machine if another user try to open a new network resource from that machine ?

Or is there another way to get the currently active session on a PDC client ?

Douglas VanLeuven wrote :
Kurthermal wrote:
Am I the only one to have noticed this behaviour ?
Do I have to report a bug or so ?
Where can I get some answers ?

If a service was running as a prior user and needed network resources
from the samba server in addition to the currently logged on user,
wouldn't it be wrong to make the assumption those resources should no
longer be available?

It only takes one exception to break a general case.

Regards, Doug