Hi list,

In my current organization, we aren't going to be using roaming profiles
(for various reasons, it's not desired).  I'm moving us from no domain
controller to Samba as a PDC (with an OpenLDAP backend), and I'm trying
to make the process as invisible as possible to the end users.  Each XP
user's local desktop exists at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>

...and I'd like Samba to log them in to the domain and use that as their
local desktop.  Currently, on my test machines it's setting their local
desktop as:

C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP

...which isn't quite what I want, as the desktop icons are located in
...\<username>, not ...\TEMP.  I don't get any errors, the Event Viewer
yields nothing, and the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>"
has the proper permissions (as the local machine's administrator, I
added them by browsing to the domain controller and selecting the user
from the list)

In my global section of the smb.conf, I've got:

        domain master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain logons = yes
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\%N\%u

...and the [netlogon] share is pretty vanilla.

I guess what I need to know is whether I can tell Samba somehow to try
and first use "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>", and THEN fall back
to other options.  Is this possible (and feasible)?

Thanks,
Ryan