Heikki Manninen wrote:
I'm unabe to use idmap_ad and sfu nss info with Samba on AIX. The configuration as it is works on a Linux build.

        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.TLD
        server string = SERVER
        security = ADS
        idmap domains = DOMAIN
        idmap config DOMAIN:default = yes
        idmap config DOMAIN:backend = ad
        idmap config DOMAIN:range = 1000 - 60000
        idmap config DOMAIN:readonly = yes
        idmap config DOMAIN:schema_mode = sfu

        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind nested groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind nss info = sfu
        map to guest = bad uid

That all looks good.

When run with statically built idmap_ad I get this in the log when trying to map user info (wbinfo -i):

Error loading module '/opt/pware/samba/3.0.28/lib/nss_info/sfu.so': Could not load module /opt/pware/samba/3.0.28/lib/nss_info/sfu.so.

Last I knew, this module can't be statically compiled.

And when I build a version with shared idmap_ad (and sfu.so -> idmap_ad.so), it gets back to this:

lib/module.c:do_smb_load_module(49) Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/nss_info/sfu.so': rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _talloc_zero_zeronull was referenced from module /usr/local/samba/lib/nss_info/sfu.so(), but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.

lib/module.c:do_smb_load_module(49) Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/idmap/ad.so': rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _talloc_zero_zeronull was referenced from module /usr/local/samba/lib/idmap/ad.so(), but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.

Either the linker options need assistance or you need to add some libraries to the run time library path LIBPATH if my memory serves. I'm haven't done AIX for a while.

You might have more success on samba-technical getting a response.

If you post over there, don't forget to include the version of AIX and which compiler you're using, native or gnu. Also the version of samba.

Regards, Doug