To: "TEXIER David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <samba@lists.samba.org>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba] msdfs root -- client error "refers to a locationthatisunavailable"

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, TEXIER David wrote:

If a take the same XP client connected via a ssh connection ( i use the
port forwarding option for the samba port 139) then i can't access the
dfs root (though i can reach the shares with no problem) and on the
Windows explorer, the dfs links are no more recognised as dfs folders and
i can't connect .
[...]
Your problem and mine is something around there.

There seems to be some undefined set of circumstances which a Windows
client requires to be aligned before considering a server a DFS root :(...

At this point I guess I'm going to have to let the Windows guys serve up
the DFS root, as I've had no luck getting the samba server working.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]