Hi,

I have a samba server working as pdc, i have xp workstations joined to the samba domain working fine but suddenly since last week some of them canĀ“t log into the domain and got an error message about the server is not available, the strange thing is the other machines can log in without problems. In the /var/log/samba/smbd.log i got the following error when the machine tries to log in:

[2008/04/08 08:47:58, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_net_auth_2(461)
_net_auth2: failed to get machine password for account pc_name$: NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT

I had to create a new machine account in the server and change the machine name in order to get into the domain. I will appreciate any tip in order to fix it up.
My OS is centOS 4.4 and samba 3.025xx

Regards,

--Ivan.