idmap will only be populated if you are using winbind.

Anand Kumria wrote:
Hi,

This is probably documented somewhere very obvious but I do not seem to be able to find it.

Many years ago I configured my Samba server with an LDAP backend. I also put in the parameter 'ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap' in my smb.conf file too as per:

<http://au1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/domain-
member.html#id2571568>

Amazingly enough I now have to add two more members servers, checking via GQ I see that the ou=Idmap tree is actually empty.

Should it be?

If not, how can I -- is there a way, even -- have it populated with the existing Idmaps? My users are able to login to their machines perfectly fine (everything is run via LDAP).

Thanks,
Anand