Pakorn Chutinimitkul wrote:
Hi,

<snip>
        1. How to make Samba stores the ownership of the file? Afaik Samba
changes ownership of the file to the connected user. Our storage relies
on uid/gid a lot.

        2. Can Samba obey umask settings? Apart from changing values in create
mask ?
Recent versions of samba will automatically figure out that they are talking to a unix client (as long as the client is recent as well) and enable the CIFS unix extensions. Permissions, ownership, symlinks, etc should "Just Work(tm)".

        If anyone could point me to any resource, that would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you!
Pakorn

*Michael Heydon - IT Administratorr *