Mathieu Beaudoin wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for not responding in a long time, I been really busy these days.

To kill the process, I use "kill -9 <pid of the smbd process>" as root and
it do nothing, no error message and the process still run.

I found the possible source of this problem : each night we have a backup
server (running opensuse 10.3) that connect to the file server (mount -t
cifs ...) copy the files on his own hard drive, umount the share and then
start transferring the files on tapes. When I check the swat status page in

rsync would be a much, much better choice for that purpose.

--
Toby Bluhm
Alltech Medical Systems America, Inc.