Hello John,

You can name the profile anything you want, so long as the ACLs inside the profile are correct for the group that needs to be able to access it.

As a general rule, the ACLs should be set so that members of the group have full control. Then select a user who is a member of that group; set the profile path to the new group profile; now log on as that user and edit, or clean up and polish up the setting for that profile. Now log off. As the Domain Admin rename the user.dat file to user.man.

You now have a "mandatory" (meaning - usr can not change the profile settings) profile that is accessible only by members of the group.

Now I know how to prepare the mandatory profile.

Group members will be able to access this group profile - but first the administrator must set their profile path to point to this group profile.

Does this mean, that they have only this profile or is it possible to have a mandatory group profile and a personal profile ?

Does that clarify things?

- John T.

Maybe I oversought this in the howto, but your explanation should be added to the howto.

Thank you very much
Andreas