Michael Adam wrote:
Bit Byte wrote:
Hi list,

Would anyone please help me troubleshoot the following?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# service smb status
smbd is stopped
nmbd is stopped
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# net rpc join -S MYPDC
Password:
Creation of workstation account failed
User specified does not have administrator privileges
Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]#

I'm not sure why this would happen if my user specified (root by default,
yes?) has admin privileges.

You need to specify a domain-user that has administrative
privileges in the domain/on the PDC, e.g. (assuming it is a
windows DC):

net rpc join -U MYDOMAIN\\administrator

Cheers - Michael

Thanks for the help, Michael. It is a Samba domain controller though. So I believe my command should default to the "root" samba user, which should be fine, right?