hi,

Yes, it works. Now the splice would failed first, then runs
default_sys_recvfile.

Is there any kernel patch to fix this issue? or any discussion, clues?

BTW, although the splice is not used, some access from window client seems
strange: writing files has no status bar but finished siliently, and can't
delete file. (I've checked the permission of the file to ensure they are
writable.)

Writing and deleting files from linux have no such problem. Reading file from
both clients have no problem too.

Tested with Ubuntu 8.04, linux-2.6.24-19-generic, samba-3.2.2.

Best Regards,
Mac Lin