Hi, all:

In doing image transfer over SMB protocol, I have some questions hard to
understand.

1. Is there any difference between username "\z27jxk" and "sun-rm\z27jxk"? What
I see is the former can log in to the SMB server, while the later can't. When
the server receives the login request with the username in the form
"\<username>", what domain it will look up the user in?

2. In one login request, the trace shows "Session Setup AndX Request, User:
\z27jxk", while the other trace shows "Session Setup AndX Request,
NTLMSSP_AUTH, User: sun-rm\z27jxk". What is the effect of NTLMSSP_AUTH here?

3. Can I identify the strict securiy policy at the server's end with "NTLMv2
only" in the network trace? Is "NTLMv2 only" recognizable with some special
token in the trace?

Looking forward to any suggestions,
Xu Qiang