Hi,

I've got a working scenario of samba in "server" security.  I need to replace
the server used to authenticate so I'd like to use the momentum and switch the
security method to something better (domain or ads).  I want to avoid having my
SAMBA server join my (Active Directory) domain if at all possible.  Am I asking
the impossible?  Can someone recommend the best or most appropriate method to
use?  I've tried the domain security without success so far.  I've also looked
at the ADS security but the doc I'm seeing includes joining my server in the
domain for it to work...

Thanks!

FJ