Joel Reed wrote:
I setup a samba4 pdc and successfully added a Windows 2008 machine to the domain.

When I start up the "Active Directory Users and Computers" tool, I get a "Naming information cannot be located because: directory property cannot be found in the cache" error.
I tried this with Windows 2003 as well. The computer can be successfully added to the domain, but the "dsa.msc" tool fails on load with a similar error about "naming information cannot be located".

Are there some dns records required for these tools that are not required for domain join operations?

I've also successfully joined a linux box running winbind to this domain as well.

jr