Jason,

I don't know who are you replying to.

Quoting "Jason A. Nunnelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Norberto Bensa wrote:
On Friday October 24 2008 11:50:53 Steven Geerts wrote:
               workgroup = LOCALDOMAIN.BE

Are "." valid in workgroup names?

I remember having problems with mine, so I changed the dot to a "_"

It depends on if .be is the TLD, and in many cases I would think this
is not what you mean to do.  If it's a local domain, I'd make it just
localdomain.  If you're using just a LAN network, the .whatever TLD is
not necessary and will likely promote confusion in your network.  Some
folks add .local, but some systems automatically do that in their add
scripts (Windows).

Be mindful about this.

Keep in mind that blah.some.tld makes blah a different domain than
some.tld, so if you put a dot in any name (before the tld) you're
establishing a unique domain.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley
JasonN.com is my website - all opinions expressed were mine at some point.