Hi All,

We are currently caught up in a weird situation while using samba 3.0.28. There
is a requirement from the customer that we should support ADS with 64000
objects. When we implemented the feature, we found couple of things mentioned
below:

1. After joining ADS with 64k users, samba takes around 20 - 25 min to populate
idmap_cache.tdb and winbindd_cache.tdb This is because we haven't turned of
enumeration and we would be fixing it for next maintenance release of the NAS
product.

2.  We periodically check the quota state of all the users using repquota
command. It refers to /etc/nsswitch.conf for mapping user ids to names. And
winbindd inherently should look for its cache as it is populated completely to
do the conversion.

But we observed that every time the repquota command is invoked, winbindd
starts consuming 98% of CPU. It fetches the info from ADS and not from local
cache. So we are wondering why it doesn't make use of local cache for mapping
the ids to names?

Here is the system info:

Kernel : 2.6.18
Samba - 3.0.28a