Using a Windoze client, accessing a printer I receive the friendly "Access denied, unable to connect". Checking the Samba logs, I find:

Alrighty then... I think I got it... almost (*)

changed in smb.conf section : [print$]

  path = /usr/share/cups/drivers
#   path = /var/lib/samba/printers

You are getting close :)

It is a driver related issue, you can either install windows drivers onto the samba server. This has the benefit of when ever you add the printer to a client the drivers will be installed automagically.

If you are just after a quick fix, just add "use client driver = yes" to your global section. This will get rid of the error, which is pretty much harmless anyway.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *