gu...@lorenzutti.com.ar wrote:
Walter Mautner wrote:
Am Monday 26 January 2009 20:30:36 schrieb Allen Chen:

I use samba 3.0.22 on RHEL 4.
Is there any VFS available to filter files belong to the login uid?
The problem is that I have a shared folder on samba, but I don't know
which file is mine. Too may people put too many files on the folder.
So I want to figure it out on Windows XP side to list the files only
belong to me.

"Hide unreadable = yes" stanza - together with "force create mode = 700"
or
something alike. That would in fact inhibit sharing files on that
"share".

I want to make my question more clear: there is a samba share which points
/pathto/share for everybody. It has being working perfect for more than 5
years.
Everybody can read,write and delete on it. Now there are more than 100,000
files&folders in /pathto/share. I want to clean this folder by asking
people
to clean their own files. But who knows which file belongs to who? So I
want to
create a new share to point to the same share folder /pathto/share. If
anybody
maps this new network drive, he/she will only see the files belong to
them.

I googled and found some similar VFS module for sorting files. I think we
can
make a bit changes on this VFS module and output only those files belong
to the
user who maps this new share(though it points to the same place
/pathto/share).

Thanks,

Allen

Why don't you change the permissions of the files, so only you can read
your own files? Then... "hide unreadable".

You may misunderstand my question.The existing Samba works fine.
Changing permissions of the files on a shared map drive is not what
I want. Those files on /pathto/share are shared by everybody.
What I want is to create a new section in smb.conf which points
to the same folder /pathto/share, so anybody maps this new network
drive, he/she will only see the files belong to them.