myron wrote:

There's no special configure options. I'm using gnu's ld not Sun's.
The only reference I could find to this problem with the ld program used.
Anyone on Solaris 10 have this same problem?

Any particular reason you're using GNU's ld? If you want to experiment you can try building with /usr/sfw/bin/gcc which uses Sun's ld. Of course that's assuming you have the relevant packages installed.

-Brian