John Drescher skrev:
Is 'net use x: /home' deprecated nowadays? I just upgraded a very old Samba 2
to 3.2.8 and suddenly no workstations at all can use that command to map to
their home directories.
Workstations are W2k, Win XP and Vista in a mix. Neither work.

It works for me (in my department) and has been working from NT4 to
windows 2003 and samba 3.0.4 to samba 3.0.34. I do not have vista
installed on my network so I can not comment on that.

Samba use LDAP as back end, and the related posts in smb.conf are these:

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U\.msprofile
logon script = login.bat
logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
logon drive = J:

[homes]
       comment = Home
       valid users = %S, %D%w%S
       browseable = no
       read only = No
       inherit acls = Yes
       guest ok = no
       printable = no

Ideas are welcome!
Anders.

I would start testing by commenting out valid users and making sure
that the POSIX permissions allow the users access to the folders that
you are trying to share.

John

It works alright, and all users have full access to their own home directories. Also, say user "elsa" logs in. She won't get a mapping to \\server\elsa via the 'net use j: /home' command, but she will get full access with 'net use j: \\server\elsa'

Go figure.. Also, nothing really changed on the system apart from upgrading the samba package from 2 to 3.2.8, that's the strange thing..

Anders.