I have a CentOS 5.2 server with Samba 3.2.7 and an LDAP backend . Everything is working well and smooth. I noticed that the log files for some client machines (Windows XP) contain the following:

[<date><time>,  0] smbd/trans2.c:call_trans2qfsinfo(2568)
 call_trans2qfsinfo: not an allowed info level (0x102) on IPC$.

This repeats many, many times for a single session.

I already suspected it, but it is now confirmed: two clients whose logs did not contain that entry are now producing it after Windows XP Service Pack 3 has been applied to them. I have logs with hundreds of thousands of kilobytes filled with that error. Everything seems to be working correctly, though.

Can any of the developers please tell us what does this mean and what should we do to prevent it?

Thank you.

PS - The Samba version in use is now Sernet 3.2.8-38