Hello,

I'm trying to write up new a script for add/change/delete share command, cause I think its pretty nifty messing with shares from windows. I wrote a test script that just prints the passed parameters to a text file and does nothing else. This is what I got from an add attempt.

/etc/samba/smb.conf
bakcups
/home/backups
comment-ADD
0

Would I be correct to assume that the zero on the last line just represents that samba made me appear to be root when I did this? (uid=0 based on a usermap) If not, anyone know what the zero is for? All of the others were pretty self explanatory.

Thank you,
Mark Casey

p.s. The newest information I can find on this method was from (at the latest) 2006. Please advise if there is a new way to do this; as this is just the method I came across first.