Tim Bates wrote:
Ooi Kwan Chen wrote:
I'm planning to upgrade my Samba Server from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny. Will this affect Samba? Is it safe to perform upgrade from apt-get upgrade?
It generally goes fine.... I'd get apt to download all the required packages the night before you plan to do the upgrade, and then set aside 2-3 hours to do the actual upgrade (it should take less than 1, but if something goes wrong you need a bit more time to get it going again).

I had no issues with Samba in my upgrades.

TB

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your information. I just finished upgraded my Samba server smoothly. Everything is fine.

--
Best regards,

Ooi Kwan Chen (John), System Support, Server Management Section,
Group IT Department, DXN Holdings Berhad
Office Phone : +604 771 6688 Ext 122 Fax : +604 772 4785
Website : www.dxn2u.com