Frank wrote:
Hi,
we have a couple of Linux RHEL 5 samba servers in a domain, one as PDC and the other as BDC, and both with LDAP backends
samba version is 3.0.28-1
We want pc clients can't change their machine password using sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange policy, so we set it to 1 in LDAP But pc clients still can change their passwords, and we don't see any acces to sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange attribute on LDAP logs.
Is it not used in this version yet? Must we do something special to use it?

I saw the same thing in August of 2007:

http://marc.info/?l=samba&m=118772246625319&w=2

Which was never replied to.

Eric Roseme