John H Terpstra - Samba Team wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
    Especially since John Terpstra's home setup uses a 4-disk RAID and
gets up to 90MB xfers over CIFS.  (Is that with standard size network/TCP
packetsizes?  Or anything non-default for tuning on that?) :-)

My TCP/IP is at default settings - no tuning at all.  It works well
enough that I can't be bothered with tuning.
---
        I can see why.

        At 90MB over a 1GB line, tuning would be an unneeded luxury.

        (I'm lucky to get a sustained 700Mb for any xfer over my 1GB-ether,
but my fileserver isn't running raid and is running with P-III's)

Cheers,
Linda W.