On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, John Drescher wrote:

I have had this on and off. I just end up adding machine accounts via
LAM (Ldap acccount manager)

http://lam.sourceforge.net/

and don't waste time on figuring out the cause.

Now I actually consider this a good thing since only I can add machine
accounts regardless of what users have the rights..

That's exactly the situation I'm trying to avoid. :)

I can run smbldap-useradd manually and it works fine, but that means
that everyone has to go through me whenever they want to add a machine
to the domain, which is a waste of time IMO.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University