Hi,

I'm currently working on adding WSD support to sane-airscan. Somebody tried to implement WS-Scan before?

In general, everything works, more or less, but I observe few strange things:

1) device reports its size in landscape orientation, though returned images has a portrait orientation. Is it normal behavior, or device-specific bug? In another words, should I simply and unconditionally swap X and Y dimensions, or more complicated logic is required here?

2) Unlike eSCL, WSD scan, even when requested from a computer, needs to be explicitly started by pressing buttons on a device front panel. Otherwise, device rejects scan request. Windows Scan behaves a similar way. And this is especially inconvenient. Is it a normal behavior, or I missing something?

3) Though protocol defines a method to specify scan region, device completely ignores these parameters and always returns a full page. Is it normal?

--

        Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (p...@apevzner.com)