On 13/03/2024 21:41, ThierryFR via sane-devel wrote:
Le 2024-03-13 20:01, henrichhartzer--- via sane-devel a écrit :
Hi,

I tried using the Gitlab, but gitlab.com requires a phone number and payment method just to make an account. Not sure why that is.

I'm trying to use a Epson ET-3710 as a scanner. I don't see it listed with scanimage -L. I'm not sure this exact model is supported, but it seems like a similar one should be and maybe the driver is mostly the same?

Hi

Espon provides all the drivers for these devices, and the code is free.
Finally, sane nativment supports AirScan, and ecoTank is fully supported.

Thierry

Most modern printer/scanner multi-function devices are driverless. The printer part does driverless IPP printing and gets discovered by CUPS without any special setup and the scanner part does AirPrint (eSCL and/or WSD) and often (eSCL), thanks to Thierry's driver the device already works with sane-backends itself, but with Alexander Pevzner's sane-airscan more devices (supports both eSCL and WSD, or if special quirks need to get addressed) are supported. Both drivers come with all major distros.

See also https://habr-com.translate.goog/en/articles/751214/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true

   Till