Hi,

ok, i tried it out, the installation works, but at least, the error with
an "empty adf" is there as before ...

scanimage -d escl:https://192.168.1.121:443 --source "ADF Duplex" --mode
Lineart --resolution 300 --progress --
format=png --batch --buffer-size=128
scanimage: rounded value of resolution from 300 to 300
scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 215.9 to 215.9
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 297.18 to 297.18
Scanning infinity pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
scanimage: sane_start: Document feeder out of documents
Batch terminated, 0 pages scanned

If I look which packages are installed, I got this output (here sane-utils):

apt list sane-utils
Auflistung… Fertig
sane-utils/now 1.2.1-5test arm64  [Installiert,lokal]
sane-utils/stable 1.2.1-2 armhf

If I'm right, it is just installed your version - and for the other
packages it looks similar

Greetz, Christoph