Le 2024-05-23 05:23, Johannes Meixner a écrit :
Hello,

On 2024-05-23 06:36, ThierryFR via sane-devel wrote:
Lastly, for escl, which is not present in dll.conf, it's a choice
made by the Maintair of your distribution.
Le 2024-05-22 18:10, Wolfram Heider a écrit :
D...d, you are right, Thierry. "escl" does the trick.
couldn't the dll.conf be delivered with the escl preactivated
like it comes with an activated net?

my OS version Leap 15.5

In my /etc/sane.d/dll.conf on my openSUSE Leap 15.5 system
the 'net' backend is not activated.

In general on openSUSE /etc/sane.d/dll.conf is provided
with no preactivated backend because I had to "fix" user issues
because of conflicts between some backends that had been
activated at the same time.

I vaguely remember one particular case where more than one backend
works for the same scanner model: the various 'epson*' backends
from sane-backends versus 'epkowa' from Epson's 'iscan' software.

Because I do not want having to "fix" user issues who complain
at openSUSE that we messed up things and because I cannot know
which conflicts there might be between all those SANE backends
including external (i.e. third party software) backends,
the only way out for me is to have by default all backends
in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf deactivated (with a leading '#' character)
to make it more clear to the user which backend(s) he deliberately
activated so that the user has at least a chance to understand
what went wrong behind the surface when "all of a sudden"
his scanner behaves strange or does no longer work at all.

I didn't follow recent SANE backends software development
so perhaps nowadays there is sufficient SANE backends conflicts
detection implemented (in particular also for external backends)
so that all backends in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf could be active by
default?

Hi

I can confirm that I've had quite a few problems with conflicts on Ordissimo, but that was a long time ago. Currently all backends are activated, including native backends as well as external backends, espon, brother, samsung, ect...

Cheers

Thierry

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner