Hi,

Your model is not yet supported by HPLIP.

Thanks. That's weird, though, as it's in the 4100 family and it has a perfectly fine USB connection... which works fine for CUPS printing and for Windoze scanning. Oh, you said "not yet", so there is hope that it might work over USB someday?

HP DeskJet 4155e supports AirPrint and certainly AirScan (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07062158#N66406).

But I guess HP wants us to do everything over WiFi, whether we like it or not.

You have two options:
 - use a recent version of sane-backends and enable the escl backend.

I'm working on this approach now (1.3.1). "Just a bit of configuration". Just this entry in escl.conf

device http://192.168.43.160:443 "HP DeskJet 4155e"

$ scanimage -L
device `escl:http://192.168.43.160:443' is a HP DeskJet 4155e flatbed or ADF scanner
$ scanimage  > /tmp/id
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
scanimage: open of device escl:http://192.168.43.160:443 failed: Invalid argument
$

$ nc 192.168.43.160 80 # confirm the IP address is for the printer, and connectivity
HEAD / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version Not Supported
Server: HP HTTP Server; HP DeskJet 4100 series - 26Q90A; Serial Number: CN23JFG31P; Built:Thu Dec 07, 2023 09:14:07AM {TOP1FN2349DR}

^C

Any further guesses/help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!