From moiti...@civil.ist.utl.pt  Thu May 25 08:03:53 2006
From: moiti...@civil.ist.utl.pt (Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida)
Date: Thu May 25 08:05:01 2006
Subject: [sane-devel] re: Minolta Dimage scan dual II

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 21:40, Dietmar Segbert wrote:
> Hello rene,
> hello Jose,
>
> after a lot of testing, i have looked to the right of the usb device,
> because i did not find the scanner as user and so i have set the rights of
> the scanner /roc/bus/usb/004/003 to root:usb (chown root:usb ...
>
> Voila, the scanner works. ....

I hope that it is fine.

As you may have understood I don't use my scanner very often... Yesterday I
discovered that the automaitic package maintenance system on my machine had
erased my manual instalations.

Using the version in the package (build 182) I had problems that seemed very
similar to your log, but with a (much) older version (build 99) I could a
scan without problems. From files that I found laying around I would say that
build 153 was also working.

In any case I promise to try a more rigorous test later on.

Regards

ZP