Is there a way to query button states in command line from sane or scanbd with
sane backend?

I want to see that I can read buttons first, then attempt again to configure
scanbd with sane backend. So far I failed to get any response to buttons via
sane backend.

I checked "scanimage -h | grep button", and it reports only --wait-for-button
(which is just to pause the scan until user presses a button on the scanner).

The only hint I've got is?"scanimage -A | grep button" which returns
"--monitor-button[=(yes|no)] [no] [read-only]".?

Both manpage and scanimage --help are mum on the topic.?Google is of no help
either.

--
Ilya