I was checking a batch of grayscale scans made couple of years ago with Canon LIDE 25, and I have a suspicion that on full A4-format scans driver+sane (linux 32 bits, as compiled ca.2011) could produce height-reduced (cropped) stripes in image, spaced like something 20-25% of full length.

Is such a problem known?

Now, I'm not sure all those scans were affected. Is it possible the machine load was influencing the result, or something else was? How to test for such condition? I still own this scanner, using it for lesser grade scans, but crops in graphics wouldn't be so acceptable anyway.

Thanks
Yury