I've been using a 6200-series scanner to scan piano rolls, which involves
the repetitious scanning of successive sections of the roll. This process
worked well for more than a year, but then gradually I got the "Error from
scsi_read: End of file reached" failure an increasing number of times
during a roll, to the point now where it's almost unusable.

It's been frustrating to use the sane bug tracker to search for related
bugs/fixes, so I brought my appeal here, to see if anyone had any
suggestions. I'm currently running Ubuntu 14.04.3, with their 1.0.14-9
distro of sane.

Thanks,
Marshall